Southern Erie County
Participants in a fundraising walk can help the Eden Central School District buy technology and educational programs to help autistic children.
The third annual Eden Autism Awareness Walk will start with a check-in at 10 a.m. Saturday in front of the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive. Donations and pledge forms will be accepted at the check-in table.
A mile to mile-and-a-half walk will begin at 11 a.m. and will wind from Legion Drive to Main Street, Hillbrook Drive, Sonnybrook Drive and East Pleasant Avenue before returning to Main Street and Legion Drive.
Refreshments will be available and gift certificates and gift baskets will be raffled.
To register or ask questions, write to email@example.com. For more details, visit the school district’s website at www.edencsd.org.
• The Springville Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• The Springville-Griffith School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The Holland School Board meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the junior/senior high school conference room, 103 Canada St.
• The North Collins School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• The Eden School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road.
• A senior citizens’ club meeting is at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the North Collins Senior Center at 11065 Gowanda State Road.
• UNYTS has planned a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday on the Eden Town Hall’s first floor at 2795 E. Church St. For an appointment, call 512-7940.
• The American Red Cross will conduct a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-RED-CROS.
• The Evans Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• Art Struts the Runway, the annual fashion show to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Eden, is set from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Brierwood Country Club at 5324 Rogers Road in the Town of Hamburg. For more details, visit www.bgcaofeden.org or call the club at 992-2702.
• The Lake Shore Central School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Lake Shore High School, 959 Beach Road, Angola.
• World-renowned Saxophone player Dave Schiavone will perform with the Lake Shore elementary, middle school and high school jazz ensembles as part of the district’s annual jazz concert. The concert begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Lake Shore High School auditorium.
Schiavone, who often plays with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and Amherst Saxophone Quartet, has toured nationally and internationally through the years with the likes of Woody Herman, Tommy Dorsey and Doc Severinson. Other well known artists he has performed with include Harry Connick Jr., Natalie Cole, Nancy Wilson, Johnny Mathis, Kenny Rogers, Frank Sinatra Jr., Aretha Franklin, Maureen McGovern, David Clayton Thomas, Mel Lewis, Gap Mangione, Don Menza and Louis Bellson.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.