Local high schoolers looking for a prom dress can “shop” for free from 11 a.m. Sunday at Performing Arts Dance Academy, 206 Lake St. Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon and Urban Valet Dry Cleaners coordinated the donation of gowns donated by the community.
Three local businesses have been recognized by the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, including Ramsdell Dry Cleaning, the longest standing chamber member with 60 years.
Robert Brunner, owner of J.P Fitzgerald’s Restaurant, won for community involvement due to his extensive work within the community and with J.P.’s Foundation that has helped raise more than $350,000 for autism. Staub Machine took home the innovation award for its efficient and streamlined manufacturing processes. The Hamburg Fairgrounds won the impact award for its contributions and attractions to the local area and local economy.
• The Hamburg Village Board meets in a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier Central School Board expects to adopt its 2016-17 budget when it meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Cloverbank Elementary School, 2761 Cloverbank Road. Executive session begins at 6, followed by regular meeting at 7.
• The Hamburg village Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The impact of climate change on health will be discussed by Dr. Alan H. Lockwood, University at Buffalo Department of Neurology and Nuclear Medicine professor emeritus, at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Hilbert College’s Swan Auditorium, 5200 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg Central School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The Hamburg village Economic Development Committee meets at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The town Planning Board meets in a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 S. Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• Eight honorees will be recognized for their dedication to youth development and recreation at the Town of Hamburg’s 28th annual Youth Bureau Service Awards & Recognition Banquet at 6 p.m. Thursday at Michael’s Banquet Facility.