Southern Erie County
A Springville-Griffith Institute High School student has been chosen to represent the school at the Congress of Future Science and Technology Leaders.
Jeremy Baker, a 10th-grader, will serve as a delegate at the summer event in Lowell, Mass. The conference aims to help honors students reach their goals in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
• The Springville Volunteer Fire Company has its annual chicken barbecue for 11 a.m. today at the Fire Hall, 405 W. Main St. For more details, call 592-4487.
• The North Collins School Board meets in a work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• The Springville Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building, 65 Franklin St.
• The Springville Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• The North Collins Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 10569 Main St.
• The Eden Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• The American Red Cross holds a blood drive from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the North Collins Junior-Senior High School’s gymnasium on School Street.
• The Concord Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Town Hall, 86 Franklin St.
• The Bertrand Chaffee Hospital Women’s Association hosts a theme basket auction for 10 a.m. Saturday in the Concord Town Hall with a drawing at 11:30 a.m. Proceeds will benefit the BCH Foundation.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church hosts a spaghetti dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at 591 E. Main St. in Springville. Meals cost $8 for adults and $5 for children 5 to 10. Dinners include meatballs, bread, salad and dessert.
• The Live at the Leeg concert series continues as 2 Left Boots, a country band, will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive in the Town of Eden. Parking and admission are free. Call the post at 992-3304 for more details.
• Epiphany of Our Lord Church hosts a pancake breakfast from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 17 at 10893 Sisson Highway in North Collins.
• The Angola Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at Angola Village Hall, 41 Commercial St.
• The East Aurora School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the East Aurora Middle School, 430 Main St.
* A pair of community forums will be held by the East Aurora School District this week about a proposed capital improvement project being considered for a referendum by the board. There will be a tour of the middle school beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday. It will begin at the cafeteria and the tour will concentrate on areas being considered for proposed capital improvements. A forum to discuss the proposed project will start at 7 p.m. inside the cafeteria. The district then holds a tour at 6:30 p.m. Thursday of areas at the high school under consideration for improvements. That tour begins in the main lobby.