Wendel Architects will reveal their plans and price estimates for a new Community Activities Center at the Town Board meeting Wednesday evening. The presentation will begin at 6 p.m. in the court/board room at the Municipal Center.
The proposed CAC would have room for the Senior Center and the Recreation Department. Public reaction to the expense and design will help determine how planning will proceed. “I’m apprehensive and excited,” said Town Supervisor Patrick Keem, an advocate of the project.
• The town Historical Society meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The town Recreation Commission meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Supervisor’s Conference room, Municipal Center.
• The Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, board/court room, Municipal Center.
• The Board of Education meets for a public hearing on the school budget at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the school district offices, 2240 Southwestern Blvd.
• The Women’s Club will meet and host Town Historian Suzanne Kump for talk about town history at noon Wednesday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Erie Cattaraugus Rail Trail meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.
• The Chamber of Commerce hosts its Business Connections networking group at 8 a.m. Thursday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The town Board of Ethics meets at 7 p.m. Thursday, lobby conference room, Municipal Center.
• The Chestnut Ridge Conservancy hosts a hiker safety workshop from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Ranger Station, main entrance, Chestnut Ridge Park. Erie County Sheriff’s Chiefs Scott Patronik and Alan Rozansky, who helped bring bike-path rapist Altemio Sanchez to justice, will discuss safety for people using remote recreational areas. Registration required. Call 352-8346.