•Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Lockport Town Hall, 7 p.m. Monday. Call 433-1014 or 628-2211.
• WNY Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Donovan American Legion Post, 3210 Genesee St., Cheektowaga, fly tying at 6 p.m., meeting at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 684-9523.
• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Sportsmen’s Coon Hunters Association, 8770 Hopkins Road, Batavia, 6:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call (585) 472-1343.
• Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Hanover Fish & Game, 780 Overhiser Road, Silver Creek, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call 640-2776.
• Niagara Region 2016 Winter 3-D League, Alden Rod & Gun Club, 12 County Line Road, sunrise to 1 p.m., April 3. Call Joe Attardo at 912-4227.
• WNY 2016 Winter 3-D League Shoot-Off, final league shoot, Evans Rod & Gun Club, Cain Road, Angola, 7 a.m.-2 p.m., April 3, breakfasts served starting at 7 a.m., call Ray Zylinski Jr. at 866-5072.
• Orleans County Clay Crushers Scholastic Clay Target Program, Barre Sportsmen’s Club, for youths ages 12 to a senior in high school. Next practice April 3. For program details, call Chris Rice at (585) 590-6282.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” American Legion Post No. 1664, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m., April 6. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 6 p.m., Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Pistol Permit Class, Cavalry Baptist Church, Batavia, Tuesday. Call 778-9431 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Riverkeeper Public Forum, Aquarium of Niagara, 701 Whirlpool St., Niagara Falls, 6:30-9:30 p.m., Thursday. Featured speakers: Joseph Gould, Jonah Withers, Jo Johnson and Helen Domske. Free but registration required. Call 852-7483 or visit email@example.com.
• 14th Annual S&S Taxidermy Outdoor Show and Big Buck Scoring Day, Springville, 9 a. m.- 5 p.m., Saturday. Bring in antler and skull mounts for scoring. See show deals on new bows, crossbows and firearms. Call 592-2404 or visit sstaxidermy.com.
• Buffalo Geological Society 44th Annual Gem, Mineral & Fossil Show, Erie County Fairgrounds, Ag-Grange Building and Marketplace, Hamburg, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. For details, visit bgsny.org.
• Elma Conservation Club Jakes Day, 600 Creek Road, noon-3 p.m., Saturday, turkey hunting seminars for youths. For details, call 655- 4665.
• Niagara River Anglers Association 11th Annual John Long Sr. Raffle & Feast, Niagara Active Hose, Niagara Falls, 2-6 p.m., April 3. For details, call 628-1460, 998-8910 or 531-3430.
• Niagara Frontier Friends of NRA 21st Annual Banquet, Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, Depew, 5 p.m., April 9. Call 866-7656, 807-5363 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs Annual Awards Banquet, Terry’s Corners Volunteer Fire Company, Gasport, 5:30 p.m., April 16. For reservations, call Dave Whitt at 754-2133.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Nature at Twilight – Sundown Wildlife,” 6-7:30 p.m., Saturday; and “Observatory at Beaver Meadow,” dusk, Saturday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Wellness Walk (for all ages),” 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday. For all programs and registration call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Frogwatch USA Volunteer Training,” 7 p.m., Tuesday; and “Teddy Bear Hike (for ages 3-6),” 10:30 a.m., Saturday. For all programs, call 683-5959 or visit reinsteinwoods.org/events.
• NYS Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Spring Peeper Prowl,” Evangola State Park, 7-8:30 p.m., April 15. To register, call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Genesee Valley Greenway Hike Series,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 735-7302; and “Ellicott Creek Park,” 10 a.m., Sunday, call 691-6750. For all events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Paths, Peaks & Paddles Program: “Kayak Eskimo Roll Clinic,” a four-week class at Williamsville South High School, 7-9 p.m. Thursdays starting March 31. Cost is $200. For more details, call 213-0350 or email: email@example.com.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Program: “Bear Hollow Trail Trek,” 10 a.m., Thursday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.