A major change in parking rules is coming to the Elmwood Village and it’s expected to open up hundreds of parking spots.
Parking will be allowed on both sides of streets in the neighborhood from April 2 through Nov. 14, eliminating alternate-side parking that many residents disliked.
During the snow season, the alternate-side parking rules will remain in effect.
City workers were seen posting the new signs Wednesday morning on Bidwell Parkway near Elmwood Avenue.
Until now, many side streets of Elmwood Avenue had rules that restricting parking – Monday through Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on one side and Thursday through Friday during the same hours.
Here’s a list of the streets that will be affected by the new parking rules:
• Bidwell Parkway
• Chapin Parkway
• Auburn Avenue (Elmwood Ave. to Richmond Ave. only)
• Breckenridge Street (Elmwood to Richmond only)
• Ashland Avenue
• Norwood Avenue
• Forest Avenue (Elmwood to Richmond only)
• St. James Place
• Bird Avenue (Richmond to Windsor only)
• Potomac Avenue (Elmwood to Richmond only)
• Hodge Avenue (Elmwood to Ashland only)
• Anderson Place (Elmwood to Atlantic only)
• Dorchester Road
• Granger Place
• Claremont Avenue
• Inwood Place
• Oakland Place (Between Summer St. and a point 500 feet north therefrom)