Southern Erie County
The North Collins Central School District has set its annual Eagle Carnival featuring games and a Chinese auction.
A baked goods sale and refreshments will also be available during the carnival from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday in the junior-senior high school’s gymnasium at 2045 School St.
The carnival’s proceeds are evenly distributed to fund class activities and pay graduation expenses for students in seventh to 12th grades.
Residents may drop off items such as gift certificates, toys, tickets, books or theme baskets in the high school’s main office by Thursday.
Questions may be directed to Karen Saeli at 337-0101 ext. 113.
• The Botanical Gardens will present “Fairy Gardens,” an activity for children ages 5 to 12, at 5 p.m. Monday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. Children may create a miniature garden for fairies or gnomes from moss, twigs and seeds. Registration is required by calling the library at 592-7742.
• A Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meeting will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The Concord Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s courtroom at 86 Franklin St.
• A North Collins Village Board meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Village Hall at 10543 Main St.
• An Evans Town Board meeting will start at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• The Holland Town Planning Board will meet on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at Holland Town Hall, 47 Pearl St., Holland.
• The Town of Evans Drainage Committee plans to meet at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Town Hall.
• Belmont Housing Services will offer advice about managing finances, owning or renting a home, buying a home for the first time, preventing foreclosure and using reverse mortgages from 9 a.m. to noon Friday in the Evans Town Hall. Those with questions may call Belmont at 884-7791.
• A signup session to reserve shelters in the Evans Town Park has been set from 6 to 8 a.m. Saturday in the Town Hall. Residents should bring a proof of address. Checks or cash will be accepted.
• Erie County Senior Services has proposed a Stay Fit Dining Program at St. John’s Community Church of Eden. To give opinions about the proposal, visit the town government’s website at www.edenny.org to fill out a survey.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has scheduled several physical fitness events. For details, visit the Town of Concord government’s website at www.townofconcordny.com and click “community information” and “senior citizens.”