Road and water reconstruction projects are planned this year in the town and villages of Blasdell and Hamburg with federal Community Development Block Grant funds.
The Town Board approved the Community Development projects and funding, including $120,000 for road reconstruction in the town; $120,000 in waterline reconstruction on Hunt Avenue from East Main Street to East Union Street in the Village of Hamburg, and $120,000 for infrastructure reconstruction on Allen Street from South Park Avenue through Grafton Avenue in Blasdell.
The town also plans to allot $75,000 for housing renovation grants for very low income residents.
• Hamburg Central Superintendent Michael Cornell will continue his coffee cup forums with district residents from 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday at Union Pleasant Elementary, 150 Pleasant Ave., and from 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Thursday at Boston Valley Elementary School, 7476 Back Creek Road.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will hold a budget workshop at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The Frontier Central School Board will hold a budget workshop at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Cloverbank Elementary School auditorium, 2761 Cloverbank Road.
• The town Planning Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, for a work session followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m.
• The Hamburg village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.