A modern look is planned for the town of Wales web site.
The site, which has maintained its same appearance for several years, will undergo a makeover after the town board retained Aurora Consulting Group to overhaul the site.
Supervisor Rickey Venditti said town officials must use outdated and time-consuming computer codes when they post updated content to the site.
The new programming will allow officials to post new content quicker and more efficiently.
Aurora Consulting will be paid $8,330 for the upgrade, which Councilman Michael Simon said is worth the price.
“The website is the face of the town,” Simon said. “It will be money well spent.”
• Elma’s Conservation Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• A work session of the Marilla Town Board is at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room at Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• A Wales Town Board work session begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road.
• The Elma Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• The Elma Public Library, 1860 Bowen Road, hosts an all-ages family movie night Friday at 7 p.m. Call the library, 652-2719, for the movie title. Registration is not required.