Share this article

print logo

Wood-burning stove causes house fire in Porter

PORTER – Residents escaped a house fire on Lake Road in Porter early Thursday.

The blaze at 1487 Lake Road, which was reported at 2:49 a.m., was caused by a wood-burning stove in the home’s basement, the Niagara County Sheriff’s Office said.

An unspecified number of occupants safely got out of the home, which had a large amount of smoke inside at the time the 911 call was made, the sheriff’s office said.

Authorities said the amount of damage has not been determined.