Southern Erie County
Organizers have raised nearly 80 percent of the $425,000 goal for the Butterfly Athletic Park at Wales Primary School.
The facility, which will pay tribute to Katie Durkin, will include a U10 soccer field, three-lane running track, basketball court and a new playground with a design for youth with special needs.
The Butterfly Foundationis raffling a recreational vehicle to help raise the remaining funds. Tickets are available at two East Aurora locations: Aurora Outfitters, 594 Main St., and Bar Bill Tavern, 185 Main St.; Buffalo RV, 1200 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca; Fit Stop, 3631 Main St., Strykersville; Made in America Store, 900 Maple Road, Elma, and Marilla Country Store, 1673 Two Rod Road.
A Winterfest Dance with a Valentine’s Day theme will return to the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 in the Town of Eden.
Brett Alan and The Hitmen will perform music for the dance from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday in the post at 2912 Legion Drive.
For those who would like to be photographed in a romantic setting, a photographer will be available.
Admission is $10 per person. Beer, wine, soft drinks and other refreshments will be served.
The post will also offer dinners for singles and couples in the dining room. Couples will pay $50 for prime rib, $70 for a surf-and-turf meal of lobster tails and prime rib or $45 for a heart-shaped butterflied 20-ounce strip loin. Dinners include the admission price.
Reservations for dinners are required and can be made by calling the post at 992-3304 today or Monday. Table reservations for the dance can be scheduled by calling Ken Szal at 498-0560.
• The Holland Town Board meets at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, 47 Pearl St.
• The Eden Library Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the library at 2901 E. Church St.
• The North Collins School Board meets in a work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library, 2045 School St.
• The Springville Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building, 65 Franklin St.
• The Springville Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• Springville/Concord Seniors have their monthly business meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Concord Senior Center, 40 Commerce Drive.
• The North Collins Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 10569 Main St.
• The Eden School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria, 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Eden Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor, 2795 E. Church St.
• The Concord Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Town Hall’s courtroom, 86 Franklin St.