Southern Erie County
Colden Elementary School pupils participated in a nationwide initiative to show kindness last week.
During the Great Kindness Challenge, children compiled a checklist of 50 kind deeds from Monday to Friday at the school in the Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District.
Sponsored by Dignity Health and other companies, the effort was aimed at teaching children that kindness matters.
• Those eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program may attend an outreach session from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday in the Concord Town Hall’s second-floor auditorium at 86 Franklin St. For more details, contact Erie County Legislature Chairman John Mills, R-Orchard Park, at 858-8850 or email@example.com.
• Story Hour will be held at the Holland Community Library from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Monday. The library is located in the Holland United Methodist Church, 11699 Partridge Road, Holland. Story Hour will be held on every Monday until Feb. 8.
• The Springville Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• A Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meeting will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The Lake Shore Central School Board will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Lake Shore Middle School, 8855 Erie Road, Angola.
• The Concord Planning Board’s meeting is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s courtroom.
• A presentation showing Village of Springville property owners how to apply for a NY Main Street grant will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in the Municipal Building. Those unable to attend may contact Alma Brown, grant administrator, at 852-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Senior Citizens Club plans to meet at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the North Collins Senior Center at 11065 Gowanda State Road.
• An Evans Town Board meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• The Boston Town Board will hold a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Town of Holland Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Holland Town Hall, 47 Pearl St., Holland.
• The Lawtons Volunteer Fire Company will host a chicken barbecue fundraiser at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 7 at 12487 Gowanda State Road in Lawtons, a hamlet in the Town of North Collins.