The town and Earth Spirit Educational Services will conduct a community snowshoe night hike from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Taylor Road Family Recreation Center, 6765 Taylor Road.
The hike focuses on snowshoe skills, games and lessons in winter ecology. Snowshoes will be provided, along with hot beverages, warming snacks and a campfire. To register contact earthspiritedu.org.t at 941-6267 or online at
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The town Planning Board will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Room 7B in Town Hall. The board will conduct public hearings on a request for a special use permit for two new self-storage buildings totaling 13,900 square feet at 5139 Southwestern Blvd., and a request for a special use permit for a wind energy conversion system on Old Lakeview Road.
• The Hamburg Village Board will hold a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Frontier Central School Board will hold a workshop meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Cloverbank Elementary School, Auditorium, 2761 Cloverbank Road. The board will discuss unified sports with athletes of all abilities, the budget and board evaluation.