The Aurora Historical Society’s 25th annual Millard Fillmore Dinner with a comic approach to the controversial 13th president who made his home in East Aurora begins with cocktails at 6 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 11 at the Roycroft Inn.
The evening’s $50 meal will feature music, an appearance by “President Fillmore,” a surprise guest and the bestowing of the “Millard Mallard Award” to the politician who made the biggest blunder in 2015. Details and reservations available at aurorahistoricalsociety.com.
• The East Aurora Schools Community Education released its schedule of 45 classes that start Monday and continue through June 30. Courses vary from one night to the full semester with new offerings, like after school clubs that mix math with art and exercise, and classics, like elementary school Spanish. High school students can register for driver’s education and adults can choose from yoga, tango, water Zumba and Social Security planning and legal studies. For the full schedule, check eastauroraschools.org or 687-2311.
• The East Aurora Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday at Village Hall, 571 Main Street.
• The East Aurora Village Board holds a public meeting about what to do with the old fire station at 7 p.m. Wednesday, former Oakwood Ave fire station.
• The School Board will hold a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday, East Aurora Middle School, 430 Main St.
• The Town of Aurora Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Southside Municipal Center, 300 Gleed Avenue.
• The musical “Mary Poppins” will be performed at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, East Aurora High School, 1003 Center St. Visit showtix4u.com for tickets.