Southern Erie County
A Better Blasdell will be giving a $500 scholarship to a local high school senior this year and those interested will have to get information in by April 1 to be considered.
Along with being a senior, other criteria to be considered for the scholarship is the candidate must be a resident of Blasdell, be able to demonstrate their experience as a volunteer and must be pursuing a higher education or will be attending a trade or vocational institution.
Each candidate must write an essay answering a number of questions. This includes what is your volunteer experience? Why have you chosen to volunteer your time? What is the most meaningful experience you had as a volunteer? How will you continue a commitment to volunteering as you pursue post-secondary goals? And what are your long-term career goals and plans?
Also, you must include a resume and a recommendation letter on your behalf regarding your experience as a volunteer.
The information can be mailed to Laura Errington at 4529 Drayton Parkway, Hamburg, N.Y. 14075.
Children 4 and older may participate in the Lego Club from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. in Springville. Registration is required by calling 592-7742 or signing at the front desk.
• The Holland Central School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the library of Holland Jr./Sr. High School, 103 Canada St.
• Story Hour will be held at the Holland Community Library on Monday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The library is located in the Holland United Methodist Church, 11699 Partridge Road. Story Hour will be held every Monday until Feb. 8.
• The Eden Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s second-floor conference room at 2795 E. Church St.
• The Gowanda Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Village Hall, 27 E. Main St.
• The Eden Conservation Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the town supervisor’s conference room on the Town Hall’s second floor.
• The Eden Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor.
• Children may build with Legos at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Eden Library at 2901 E. Church St.
• As part of the Live at the Leeg concert series, 2 Left Boots will perform country music at 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the Newell-Faulkner American Legion Post 880 at 2912 Legion Drive in Eden. Admission and parking are free.