Orchard Park High School students came in third place in the “outstanding program” category in the “Tech Wars” held this month at Niagara County Community College.
Orchard Park students placed in four of the six events they entered in the January 13 competition for 6th through 12th graders.
Winners include: Jessica Visco with 1st place in t-shirt design. In photography, Amanda Renaldo took 2nd place and Delacie Neaverth was 3rd.
The school won third place in the “cardboard chair” event: Tim Mahany, Matt Sokolowski and Conner Moran built a chair that could hold a 250 pound man for more than five minutes.
A music video by Jessica Visco, Madelyn Rominger and Grace Wiest came in second place, according to a Tech Wars announcement from Tom Zinteck of the Orchard Park Teacher Association.
• The Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, court/board room, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Trails Task Force meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.
• The town Economic Development Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.
• The Town Board meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday for a work session at the Supervisor’s office, Municipal Center.
• The Chamber of Commerce hosts its Business Connections networking group, 8 a.m. Thursday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.