Justin T. Shaw, 24, of Olean, pleaded not guilty before Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz this week to an indictment charging him with predatory sexual assault against a child, first- and second-degree criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old girl several times last July in the Town of Portville.
District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman reported that Ploetz handled several other cases this week:
• Phillip J. Clark, 26, of Allegany, was ordered to serve a state prison term of 1½ to three years on his conviction for second-degree attempted assault for an incident Sept. 14, 2014 in the City of Olean.
• Rosemary McKay, 53, of Randolph, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with first-degree reckless endangerment, third- and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, endangering the welfare of a child and resisting arrest for an incident last Sept. 24 in the Town of Randolph during which she allegedly endangered a 16-year-old child.
• Rik A. Rinehart, 27, of Salamanca, pleaded guilty to a felony burglary charge for an attempted break-in to a building in the Town of Little Valley on Dec. 9. He faces sentencing March 14.
• Lawrence A. Sullivan, 53, of Killbuck, who has been jailed at the Gowanda Correctional Facility since March and is eligible for parole in September on his third driving while impaired conviction, was ordered to serve 89 days in custody, concurrent with his existing prison term, on his conviction for misdemeanor driving while intoxicated on Oct. 16, 2009, in Little Valley.
• James E. Pittman, 26, of Buffalo, and Michael A. Osby, 31, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging them with second-degree robbery, petit larceny and second-degree harassment for allegedly terrorizing a City of Olean resident during a Nov. 6 house break-in.
• Donovan Abrams, 46, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with felony driving while intoxicated, failing to keep right and failing to signal a turn after allegedly driving erratically on Oct. 8 in the City of Salamanca. He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.23 percent, almost three times the state’s legal limit.
• Richard J. Kozlowski, 30, of Little Genesee, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with felony driving while intoxicated and failing to keep right last Sept. 23 in the City of Olean. He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.11 percent.
• Shawn T. Metcalf, 32, of Franklinville, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with felony driving while intoxicated, speeding and failure to remain in one lane when he was pulled over Aug. 26 in the Town of Yorkshire.
• Nichole M. French, 30, of Salamanca, was placed on probation for five years on her conviction on third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance for a drug sale Feb. 26 in the City of Salamanca.
• Joseph J. Richie, 40, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to a felony indictment charging him with failing to register with the state sex offender registry as required within 10 days of moving to a new residence in the city. He had served a state prison term a decade ago for a Cattaraugus County sodomy conviction.