The Orchard Park Rotary Club has a new $5,000 for scholarship for students who want vocational training instead of college.
The grant intended to support the pursuit of advanced technical training is open to any graduating high school senior who lives in Orchard Park. It is not intended for a bachelor of art or science degree, said the press release with the news.
For more information, check orchardparkrotary.com.
• The School Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the school district offices, 2240 Southwestern Blvd.
• The town Public Safety Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, police department, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Town Board meets Wednesday for a 6 p.m. a work session at the Supervisor’s office before the 7 p.m. meeting in the court/board room, Municipal Center, 4295 South Buffalo St.
• The library hosts the English horn player Anna Mattix for a discussion about her career with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, 4570 S. Buffalo St. Call 662-9851 for information.
• The Erie Cattaraugus Rail Trail group meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The town Board of Ethics meets at 7 p.m. Thursday, lobby conference room, Municipal Center.