This year’s Warm the Children program helped 370 youngsters in the Hamburg, Eden, North Collins and Lake Shore areas.
“Without our donors, we would not have funds to send families with shoppers to purchase new, winter clothing for children in need,” explains Elizabeth Angelbeck, who coordinates the program for the Rotary Club of Hamburg and Town of Hamburg Lions Club.
There were more than 130 volunteer shoppers who accompanied families to Sears in the McKinley Mall to shop for the clothes. The program has ended, but tax-deductible donations are still being accepted. Checks made payable to Warm the Children Fund may be mailed to Evans Bank, 5999 S. Park Ave., Hamburg, NY 14075.
• The Hamburg Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier Central School Board will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave. The board expects to go into executive session, and return to open session at approximately 7 p.m.
• The Hamburg Village Economic Development Committee will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The town Planning Board will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting in Room 7B of Hamburg Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.