The school district will accept applications for “universal pre-kindergarten” from now until April 1. Children must live in the district and turn four by December 1, 2016.
If more apply than there are spaces, children will be randomly chosen with a lottery system. Selection is not based on academic or economic need. All are eligible.
Families are responsible for transportation to program partners at local preschools. A school district announcement asks people to please include first and second choice sites in the application.
Forms can be found at opschools.org, picked up at South Davis Elementary School, 51 South Davis St., or mailed on request. Call 209-6460 for more information.
• The Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, court/board room, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Recreation Commission meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday, supervisor’s conference room, second floor, Municipal Center.
• The Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the school district offices, 2240 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca.
• Public library trustees meet to brainstorm about a future library expansion 7 p.m. Tuesday, 4570 S. Buffalo St. Public invited.
• The Town Board meets Wednesday for a 6 p.m. a work session at the Supervisor’s office, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The town Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The Chamber of Commerce hosts its Business Connections networking group, 8 a.m. Thursday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The Scenic Byways Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.