All 11 fall varsity sports teams at Iroquois High School were recently named Scholar Athlete Teams by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association.
Superintendent Douglas Scofield said a team grade average of 90 or better is required to qualify.
Iroquois fields varsity boys teams in football, golf, soccer ad volleyball; girls programs include cheerleading, field hockey, soccer, swimming, tennis and volleyball. Boys and girls cross-country rounds out the fall programs.
In addition, the NYSPHSAA presented the Iroquois coaches with the Sportsmanship Promotion Program Award for exemplary effort in sportsmanship.
• The Elma Public Library Board meets Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the library meeting room, 1860 Bowen Road.
• The Elma Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• A work session of the Marilla Town Board will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room at Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• The Wales Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road.
• A work session of the Elma Town Board begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• The Iroquois School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Intermediate/Middle School cafetorium, 2111 Girdle Road, Elma.
• A meeting of the Marilla Conservation Advisory Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• The Marilla Town Board’s monthly meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room at Town Hall.