Share this article

print logo

Kitchen fire damages Dunkirk house

DUNKIRK – A King Street woman was taken to Brooks Memorial Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and the kitchen of her home suffered moderate damage in a grease fire early Friday afternoon, according to Dunkirk Fire Chief Michael Edwards.

By the time fire crews arrived at the house at 146 King St. about 2 p.m., the woman had used a fire extinguisher to put out most the fire, which had spread to her kitchen cupboard. She was on her front porch complaining of difficulty breathing, the chief said. After being treated at the scene, she was taken to the hospital for further treatment, Edwards said.