And the off-season has begun. In this week's "Dunne with Graham" podcast, we dive into several topics over an hour and a half.
Here's what's on the docket...
- The Buffalo Bills giving general manager Doug Whaley an extension, if there was an actual "ultimatum" given to the GM and the big-picture thinking behind the decision to ink him for multiple years. Owners Terry and Kim Pegula are sticking with stability and patience with a franchise that's gone through near-annual upheaval over the last 16 postseason-less seasons.
- Rex Ryan and the defense. When did things go so wrong? What did teammates really think of his scheme and Mario Williams' effort publicly and behind the scenes?
- Sammy Watkins' leadership. The Bills receiver said he wanted the ball... and then backed it up. After an embarrassing loss at Washington, he said teammates need to start calling each other out and wanted "nasty coaches." The result? Back-to-back wins. The wideout has asserted himself as a go-to leader in a locker room that needed one.
- Why players speaking their minds in the locker room is a good thing for all.
- Tyrod Taylor's future. Should the Bills extend now or wait? We disagree.
- The Doug Marrone Story. Tim teased this one on Twitter for a while, and finally shares his "Come to Jesus" Twitter meeting with the former Bills head coach near the end of the podcast. Call it CSI: Cheektowaga.
Video via our live Periscope feed...