• Niagara Musky Association, Eldredge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday. Call 223-3816.
• New York Walleye Association, George Washington Fishing & Camping Club, 2805 Niagara St., 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call 875-8148.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club International, Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Call 570-8275.
• Buffalo Geological Society, Parkside Lutheran Church, Depew & Wallace streets, 7:30 p.m., Friday. Dino Zak will discuss “Fluorescent Minerals of New York State.” Call 834-8935 or visit bgsny.org.
• S&S Taxidermy and Archery Pro Shop Leagues, Route 219, Springville, 3-D and Dart/Video Leagues begin Monday, Youth Archery Leagues begin Saturday. For details, call 592-2404 or email: email@example.com.
• WNY 2016 Winter 3-D League, and West Falls Conservation Society, breakfast available starting at 7 a.m., Jan. 10. Call 655-5030.
• Niagara Region 2016 Winter 3-D League, Alden Rod & Gun Club, sunrise to 1 p.m., Jan. 10. Call 912-4227.
• Ten-X Shooting Club Rifle Instructor Course, 853 Ransom Road, Lancaster, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Jan. 16. Email Matt Giansante at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Allied Sportsmen’s Club Winter Individual Trap League, 12846 Clinton St. Alden, shoots every other Sunday starting Jan. 10. For details, visit alliedsportsmen.com.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and nearest location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Northtown Center, 1615 Amherst Manor Dr., Wiliamsville, 6-9 p.m., Saturday. Call 903-2558 or visit email@example.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• NYS Safety Course, Darien Fire Hall, Route 77, 7-10 p.m., Wednesday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday. To register, call (585) 599-6431 after 5:30 p.m.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show: Erie County Fairgrounds, Event Building, Hamburg, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Jan. 10, special attraction: Drive Against Diabetes “Glock Experience”. For more details, visit nfgshows.com.
• Niagara Frontier Chapter of National Wild Turkey Federation, Banchetti’s Banquet, 550 North French Road, Amherst, 6:60 p.m., Feb. 6. Call 937-3271.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Event: “Annual Christmas Bird Count for Kids at Reinstein Woods,” Saturday. Most events require registration. Call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Wellness Walk,” 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday; snowshoe rentals at the Visitor Center when snow is six inches or deeper. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Knox Farm State Park – Hike or Cross Country Ski,” 10 a.m., Wednesday, 759-6442 or 652-6190 if weather is questionable; and “Erie Canalway Trail: Lockport to Pendleton – Hike or Snowshoe,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 912-0370. For all programs, call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Winter Trails Event – Cross Country Ski,” Knox Farm State Park, 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday. No snow, a trail hike. For registration details, call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Tillman Road Wildlife Management Area Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 651-9877; and “Zoar Valley – Hike or Snowshoe,” 10:30 a.m., Saturday, call 254-4285. For all events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Gardeau Valley Trek,” 10 a.m., Thursday; Novice Nature Ski Hikes,” 1 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; and Winter Wonder Walk, 2:30 p.m., Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.