• WNY Environmental Federation, Hoak’s Restaurant, S4100 Lake Shore Road, Hamburg, 1 p.m., Jan. 10. For details and directions, call 655-0975.
• Alden Rod & Gun Club Winter Archery League, 12 County Line Road, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Sundays, starting Jan. 3. For league details, check with Phil Williams at 553-7445.
• WNY 2016 Winter 3-D League begins Jan. 3 at Evans Rod & Gun Club. The league shoots at four different sites: Evans Rod & Gun, call Ray Zylinski Jr. at 866-5072; Collins Conservation Club, call Gary Brown at 359-2059; Glen-Coe Conservation Society, call Mike Matala at 337-0126; and West Falls Conservation Society, call Mike Cummings at 655-5030.
• Doc’s Archery Leagues, 908 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda: Target Leagues – Tuesday Nite Vegas Target league and Thursday Nite 300 Round Leagues begin Jan. 11; TechnoHunt Indoor Video Virtual Bowhunting League starts Jan. 11; and Indoor Youth Program begins Jan. 9. For league details, check with Mark Irlbacher at 693-2703.
• Evans Rod & Gun Club Trap League, 864 Cain Road, begins Jan. 2, shooting at 10 a.m. Saturdays and 7 p.m. Tuesdays. For complete details, call John Szewczyz at 627-3583.
• Alden Rod & Gun Club Winter Trap League, 12 County Line Road, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Sundays, beginning Jan. 3. Foe league details, check with Tom Ess at 937-6612.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and for classes nearest your location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” American Legion Cadille Post, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m., Jan. 6. Call 903-2558 or visit email@example.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “8-Hour Annual In-Service Class,” 9 a.m., Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Lake Erie Chapter of the International Federation of Fly Fishers Fly Tying Beginner Classes, Burchfield Nature and Art Center, 2100 Union Road, West Seneca, a 6-week course ($30) held 6:30-9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays starting Jan. 5. For registration details, call 675-4766.
• Innovative Outdoors Walleye Fishing University, Erie County Fairgrounds Grange Building, 8 a.m. Jan. 9, an $80 fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch, tee shirt and all instruction. For more details, call 481-5348 or visit walleyefishinguniversity.com.
• Southtowns Walleye Association 2016 Outfitter Fair, 5895 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Jan. 16. To reserve a table ($20) to display new and used fishing and hunting gear, check with Sam Schrecengost at 465-6100.
• Canandaigua Lake Chapter of Trout Unlimited Fly Tying School, Canandaigua Wood Library, eight Wednesday evening sessions, 7-9 p.m., starting Jan. 20. A $60 fee covers instruction and materials. For more details, call Dick Steinheider at (585) 381-9404 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo, Niagara Falls Conference & Event Center, Jan. 22-24, now the largest fishing show in the Western New York area. For exhibitor and presentations details, call 278-2100 or visit niagarafishingexpo.com.
• National Rifle Association Great American Outdoor Show, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg, Feb. 6-14, the largest consumer sports and outdoors show open to the general public. For show details, visit greatamericanoutdoorshow.org. For exhibitor information, call (866) 343-1805 or email: email@example.com.
• Southtowns Walleye Association Awards and Installation Banquet, Lucarelli’s Banquet Center, 1830 Abbott Road, Lackawanna, Feb. 27. For reservation information, call 649-8202 or 649-4279.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: “Nature Grandparents – Grandparents Free,” 10-11:30 a.m.-noon, Tuesday; and “End of the Year Family Fun at Beaver Meadow,” 1-3:30 p.m., Wednesday. The Center will be closed Thursday and Friday. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Frosty Fun for Families,” 2-3:30 p.m., Wednesday and Saturday. For all TNP programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve (RWNP), 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: “Snowshoeing 101,” 10:30 a.m., Tuesday; and “Winter Wildlife Snowshoe Walk,” 10:30 a.m., Wednesday. For all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Programs: See Notebook entry for “First Day Hikes.”
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Conservation Trail – Old Big Tree Road, Snowshoe or Hike,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 823-8156; and “Amherst State Park – Hike or Snowshoe,” 10 a.m., Jan. 3, call 694-4346. For all Foothills events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Wolf Creek Valley Trek,” 10 a.m., Wednesday; “First Day Hikes,” 1 p.m., Friday; and “Winter Wonder Walk,” 2:30 p.m., Saturday. For all LSP programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.