Town of Tonawanda
The Girl Scouts’ Ken-Ton Service Unit is again offering free Christmas trees this year to families in need.
Festival of Trees was started 20 years ago by an Ambassador Girl Scout earning her Gold Award.
Trees may be selected and picked up from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday or 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Ken-Ton Closet, on the second floor of the Sheridan Parkside Community Center, 169 Sheridan Parkside Drive.
To request a tree, contact Jessica Lawrence by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 900-1731 and leave a message. Trees are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• The Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A work session begins at 4 in the second-floor conference room.
• Ken-Ton Community Education winter registration begins Monday. Call 874-8500 to request a catalog or visit ktufsd.org/ce_register.
• The Ken-Ton School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the cafeteria of Kenmore Middle School, 155 Delaware Road.
• The annual Stop, Sip and Shop the Blocks, sponsored by the Kenmore Merchants Association, will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday along Delaware Avenue, between LaSalle Avenue and Westgate Road. The holiday party and shopping event will highlight local vendors. It includes an auction, caroling, food and drink. Visit kenmoremerchants.com for more information.
• Put away those quarters. Free parking at meters in Kenmore begins Thursday and continues through Dec. 24.
• Applications are due Jan. 1 for the Kenmore Police Department’s Citizen’s Police Academy, which meets for 11 weekly classes beginning in January. Contact Lt. Dave Lewandowski at 875-1234 or email@example.com for more info.