The 2015 qualifying tournament for First LEGO League was held Saturday at Buffalo Academy of Science Charter School on Franklin Street.
Nineteen teams of middle-schoolers from Erie, Niagara, Monroe and Orleans counties competed in the three-part challenge to move onto the Finger Lakes regional tournament.
The five winning teams from Saturday’s qualifier event are:
• Mindstorm Maniacs Family Friends of Williamsville who won the First Place Champions Award and tied for first place in the Robot Performance Award;
• TechnoGirls Bloomfield First Robotics from Bloomfield Middle School who received the Core Values Award;
• Quaker Up! Neighborhood Group from Orchard Park who won the Robot Design Award;
• CTK Badgers from Christ the King Elementary School in Snyder who earned the Project Award;
• Robot Rockers from Emmet Belknap Middle School in Lockport who tied for first place in the Robot Performance and won the Judges Award.