Southern Erie County
Residents may learn specifics and ask questions during a community forum about the Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District’s proposed capital project.
The forum is at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Collins Center Fire Hall at 3514 Main St. in Collins.
Interim Superintendent Sylvia Root and other district officials will present details about the $38,722,000 project.
Another community forum has been scheduled for 7 p.m. Dec. 2 in the middle school’s library.
The Board of Education approved the proposal Oct. 20. Voters will decide the project’s fate from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Dec. 15.
• The North Collins School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St.
• Salem Lutheran Church at 91 W. Main St. in Springville will host a free Thanksgiving dinner from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday. Takeout dinners and delivery will be offered. For more details, call the church’s office at 592-4893.
• The Women of the Moose have scheduled the seventh annual holiday craft show and bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Springville Moose Lodge 1249 at 13080 Buffalo Road. For more details, call the lodge at 592-3806.
• To view the Springville Concord Elder Network’s list of fall activities, visit the town government’s website at www.townofconcordny.com and click “community information” and “senior citizens” or call the organization at 592-2768.
• The Holland School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the library of Holland Jr./Sr. High School, 103 Canada St.