Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper and the Nature Conservancy came to Chestnut Ridget Park Friday to announce the conservation of a 222-acre forest at the headwaters of Eighteenmile Creek. The enviromental organizations used donations and grant funds to buy the land in Concord from a private owner, according to a press release announcement. The new county forest, near the intersection of Manchester and Morse roads, will be managed by the Erie County Department of Parks and Recreation and open to the public.
• The Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, court/board room, Municipal Center.
• The Town Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday for a work session at the Supervisor’s office, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Rails to Trails Task Force meets from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, lobby conference room, Municipal Center.
• The library hosts a talk about the history of the Library of Congress beginning with the 1814 burning of the capitol at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, 4570 S. Buffalo St.
• Orchard Park High School hosts its festival concert at 7 p.m. Tuesday, 4040 Baker Road.
• The police will check children’s car seats for safe installation, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Saturday, police parking lot, 4295 S. Buffalo St.