Hamburg Central’s junior class has joined the town Youth Bureau in its annual toy drive. Students will place collection boxes in each school building, and a competition will take place between high school classes.
The Hamburg Youth Bureau, in conjunction with the Western New York Holiday Partnership and Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program, collects brand new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children 12 and under for distribution to economically disadvantaged families.
Drop-off sites include Butera’s Craft Beer and Craft Pizza, 32 Main St.; the Youth Bureau at the Town Senior Community Building, 4540 Southwestern Blvd.; Ice Arena, 2982 Lakeview Road, and Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
To apply, applicants should visit the Youth Bureau at 4540 Southwestern Blvd. in person from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. from Nov. 30 through Dec. 8; with hours on Dec. 2 extended to 5 p.m. Applicants must have proof of residency and income for the past 30 days, photo ID and Social Security cards for all household members to be eligible.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Village of Hamburg Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Central School Board meets in a special session at 7:45 a.m. Monday to vote on a member of the Erie 1 BOCES School Board.
• The Frontier Central School Board meets at 5 p.m. Monday at the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave. to vote on a member of the Erie 1 BOCES School Board.
• The Green Friday trolley will offer free rides around the Village of Hamburg commercial district, stopping at various small businesses, from noon to 4 p.m. Friday.
• The Santa Claus Parade begins at 11 a.m. Saturday, with reviewing stands in front of Tina’s Italian Kitchen on Main Street and Buffalo Street Grill on Buffalo Street. It will end at Hamburg Village Square, where cookies and hot chocolate will be served.