1. Canisius boys volleyball. Crusaders stay perfect after being pushed to the max by Rochester’s McQuaid.
2. Grand Island soccer. State’s top-ranked Class A boys’ team begins quest for postseason championship hardware. GI hasn’t won sectional title since 2008. The GI girls started their title quest Tuesday as a top seed in Class A.
3. Williamsville East girls’ volleyball. It was just a one-game match but Flames still handed Clarence a rare loss en route to winning the North Tonawanda Tournament last weekend.
4. Orchard Park football. Quakers clinch first division title since 2012. Now, they look to win Section VI Class AA crown for first time since 2012.
5. Clarence girls volleyball. Clinched second straight ECIC I title with win over OP on Monday. Looking to cap unbeaten season in league before taking on Williamsville East in a rematch to end regular season.
6. Canisius football. Canisius needs to rebound from humbling loss at Aquinas quickly. Bishop Timon will show the Crusaders no mercy if they aren’t ready to battle Saturday at Stransky.
7. Orchard Park girls swimming. Quakers end Clarence’s seven-year unbeaten streak and clinch division title with 102-84 triumph last week.
8. Williamsville East girls soccer. Flames bring 14-game winning streak into postseason.
9. East Aurora cross country. That’s more like it Blue Devils. EA wins boys and girls large school titles at Alden Bulldog Stampede after not taking first in either race at the Knox race.
10. Starpoint football/futbol. Football brings unbeaten record into postseason as it embarks on quest to win first playoff title since 1987. Futbol enters boys soccer’s postseason as a top-seed, ranked 10th in the state Class A poll.
Honorable mention: Hamburg boys soccer, Orchard Park cross country, Timon football, Lancaster boys soccer, Clarence girls soccer, Sacred Heart girls golf.