Share this article

print logo

Amish girl taken to Buffalo hospital for lye burns

BELMONT – A 1-year-old Amish girl who suffered lye burns in her Centerville home about 1 p.m. Monday was taken to Women and Children’s Hospital in Buffalo for treatment of possibly severe burns. According to State Police, the little girl’s mother was carrying a bucket of the powerful chemical which she was using to wash laundry but she slipped and the bucket spilled on her and her daughter. The mother also needed medical treatment after the Allegany County incident.