More than 25 restaurants and 50 other vendors will take part in the fourth annual Taste of Grand Island from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday in the Town Commons on Whitehaven Road.
• Featured speaker Bill Kae will talk about the Crystal Beach amusement park and steamboats that provided transportation to the park at a meeting of the Grand Island Historical Society at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at River Lea in Beaver Island State Park. The public is invited.
• The Visiting Nurses Association will offer flu and pneumonia vaccinations from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday in the Grand Island Memorial Library, 1715 Bedell Road.
• St. Martin in the Fields Episcopal Church, 2587 Baseline Road, will host its fourth annual pet blessing at 1 p.m. Saturday. Pet owners are asked to bring a donation of dry or canned dog or cat food.
• The Grand Island Community Chorus invites the public to join in a Hymn Sing at 7 p.m. next Sunday in St. Stephen’s Old Church, 2100 Baseline Road, to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Old Church.
• The Grand Island CROP Walk for Hunger will take place at 1 p.m. next Sunday in Beaver Island State Park. To register or donate, visit hunger.cwsglobal.org.