Paul R. Newell, 39, of Steamburg, was sentenced Monday by Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz to one to three years in prison on his convictions to felony driving while intoxicated in the City of Olean on Nov. 29 and on March 26 in the Town of Coldspring.
In other cases to before Ploetz in the Little Valley courtroom:
• Jandrew Terwilliger, 22, of Little Valley, was sentenced to another nine months in the county jail.
He was convicted of second-degree attempted assault in a confrontation with a county jail inmate on May 18, 2014, while jailed in an earlier case.
• Hope M. Pearsall, 20, of Olean, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty as charged to second-degree attempted rape for an incident with a 14-year-old in the City of Olean on March 6.
She faces sentencing Nov. 23.
• Andrew R. Mang, 20, of Yorkshire, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty as charged to third-degree burglary for a Town of Yorkshire break-in June 24.
He faces sentencing Nov. 23.
• Phillip J. Clark, 25, of Allegany, pleaded guilty as charged to a felony count of second-degree attempted assault for injuries he caused during a City of Olean street fight on Sept. 14, 2014.
He faces sentencing Jan. 11.
• Barbara K. Dexter, 58, of Salamanca, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty as charged to second-degree attempted burglary for a Town of Carrollton incident June 18.
She faces sentencing Jan. 4.
• Robert B. Shelton, 54, of Salamanca, pleaded guilty to felony driving while intoxicated.
He was arrested in the City of Salamanca on Jan. 29 and posted a blood-alcohol level of 0.21 percent, almost three times the state’s legal limit. He faces sentencing Nov. 23.
• Carstarphne L. Thomas, 31, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with two counts of third-degree criminal possession and criminal sale of controlled substances for alleged drug sales in the City of Olean on Jan. 22 and 23.