A public hearing focusing on issues important senior citizens is scheduled for Thursday.
Sponsored by Erie County’s Department of Senior Services, the session runs from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday in the Cheektowaga Senior Center, 3349 Broadway. It’s an opportunity for senior citizens, their families and caregivers, and community agencies to talk about what matters most to them.
“This input is invaluable when we are planning with the [state] Office for the Aging, so as many perspectives as possible are welcome,” said Randy Hoak, the county’s senior services commissioner.
• A Town Board meeting begins at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga Central School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the board room at the high school, 3600 Union Road.
• A Sloan Village Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 425 Reiman St.
• The Dick Urban Community Association meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the cafeteria at Maryvale Primary School, One Nagel Drive.
• A meeting of the town’s Planning Board begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers at Town Hall. The agenda includes a proposal to redevelop an existing Expressmart at Genesee Street and Harlem Road to accommodate a 5,400-square-foot convenience store/fueling station and doughnut shop with a drive-thru window. Plans call for the demolition of several nearby structures.
• The monthly meeting of the Polish Genealogical Society of New York State runs from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday in the cafeteria at Villa Maria College, 240 Pine Ridge Road. Research assistance and database resources are available to the public free of charge.