It looks like there will be a primary election for a seat on the Town Board.
Dave Monolopolus, who lives in the Lexington Green neighborhood, has announced he will challenge Eugene Hart for the Democratic line in this fall’s elections. Hart, the incumbent completing his first term, received the endorsement of the Democratic Committee in May.
A longtime resident of the town, Monolopolus is a graduate of West Seneca West High School and has worked more than 30 years managing meat departments in local supermarkets. He’s also a life member and former officer of Union Fire Co., former chairman of the town’s Zoning Board of Appeals and a volunteer member of the town’s Environmental Commission.
Monolopolus emerged as a community leader after flooding devastated the Lexington Green neighborhood in 2014.
The primary election is Thursday, Sept. 10.
• The Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
• A performance by the Town Band begins at 7 p.m. Monday in the Lion’s Club Band Shell behind Town Hall.
• The Doug Yeomans Band performs at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the amphitheater at Burchfield Nature & Art Center, 2001 Union Road.
• A meeting of the town’s Environmental Commission begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Burchfield Nature & Art Center.
• Main Street Marketplace is open from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday on the grassy hill at Union Road and Main Street, adjacent to Town Hall. Local entertainment will be featured from 5:30 to 7 p.m., weather permitting. In case of wet weather, vendors move to the parking lot at the nearby ice rink.
• A performance by Elvis Presley impersonator Terry Buchwald, plus a hot dog roast, will be featured at Thursday’s grand finale of the Lion’s Club summer concert series, with music beginning at 7 p.m. in the band shell behind Town Hall. In case of rain, the concert will be moved to the adjacent ice rink.
• Local service clubs will present food, raffles and other activities during Celebrate Summer in West Seneca, which will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Town Hall.