Town of Tonawanda
The town’s paramedic unit has been named EMS Agency of the Year by the Wyoming-Erie Regional Emergency Medical Services Council.
“This award is given to an agency which strives for consistency in EMS excellence and exhibits exemplary performance when providing or supporting pre-hospital emergency care,” said paramedic supervisor Michael Baumgartner.
The unit — a civilian division of the Police Department — will celebrate its 40th anniversary Aug. 11. The unit has 14 full-time and five part-time members and responded to 7,640 calls in 2014, Baumgartner said.
• The 13th annual Ken-Ton Garden Tour, featuring 51 gardens around the town and Village of Kenmore, concludes Sunday. Visitors can view gardens from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Pick up a tour guidebook from the town’s Aquatic Center or download the guide at KenTonGardenTour.com.
• The free Children’s Concert Series continues at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday on the front lawn of Kenmore Middle School with Cantiga: Dance Music of the Renaissance.
• A Kenmore Village Board work session begins at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the mayor’s office at the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A regular meeting follows at 8 in Council Chambers.
• The town’s summer concert series features Buffalo Silver Band on Tuesday and Pyramid Band on Thursday. Concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. in Lincoln Arena.
• The town’s Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building.