Southern Erie County
Live music and clogging lessons are among the highlights of the annual Fiddlers Green Country and Bluegrass Festival on Saturday, July 25 in the Village of Springville.
The Concord Historical Society is sponsoring the event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Franklin and Buffalo streets. Visitors will find crafters, vendors and demonstrations of blacksmithing, wood carving, tinsmithing and butter churning.
Several bands will play in Fiddlers Green Park and at the Concord Mercantile General Store. Clogging lessons will be available in the Concord Town Hall.
A community round and square dance, from 6 to 9:30 p.m. in the Town Hall, wraps up the festival.
• Holland Farmers Market, which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sundays through October, will feature a garage sale and wine tasting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The market is in the town parking lot on Olean Road, next to the fire hall.
• The Holland Historical Society’s annual summer picnic will be held at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday at the Bucknam Residence, 8013 Olean Road. Guests are encouraged to bring a side dish or dessert, and a lawn chair. Hot dogs, coffee and lemonade will be provided.
• The North Collins School Board has a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library, 2045 School St. Board members plan to discuss the superintendent search process.
• Elvis Presley impersonator Patrick Johnson presents “Elvis Lives” as part of the “Music on Main Street” concert series at 7 p.m. Tuesday in front of Eden Elementary School on Main Street. If it rains, the concert will shift to the school’s auditorium.
• A hot dog roast fundraiser for the Eden Library will be held from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the library, 2901 East Church St. Hosted by Erie County Legislature Chairman John Mills, R-Orchard Park, the event also will include a 5 p.m. performance by In Jest, as well as free cookies and lemonade. Cost is $1 for a hot dog and water combo, or $2 for an Italian sausage and water combo. In case of rain, it will be held at Methodist Church, 2820 E. Church St.
• Concerts in the Park continues from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday with The Road Runners playing oldies music in Fiddlers Green Park, Buffalo and Franklin streets, Springville. If case of rain, the concert moves to the second floor of Concord Town Hall, 86 Franklin St. Parking is available at the First Presbyterian Church.
• Input is sought about the desired qualities for the next superintendent of the Springville-Griffith Institute School District. Residents may complete a survey on the district’s website at www.springvillegi.org by July 30.
• Colden Community Farmers’ Market runs from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of Bread of Life Outreach, 8745 Supervisor Ave.
• Erie County Legislature Chairman John Mills, R-Orchard Park, will host his annual hot dog roast fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Collins Public Library, 2341 Main St. The cost is $1 for hot dog and water combo, or $2 for Italian sausage and water combo.
• Collins Regional Historical Society is holding its annual classic car cruise and picnic Saturday, beginning at noon in Collins Center Town Park. Family-priced picnic foods will be sold; there’s a separate area for children’s activities; and a DJ will be playing music and holding trivia contests.