Actress Loretta Swit, best known for her role as Major Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan on the television show “M*A*S*H, will be the guest of honor and an honorary grand marshal at Sunday’s annual Pulaski Day parade.
Swit, the granddaughter of Polish immigrants, will be joined by Grand Marshal Paul S. Piotrowski, a town justice completing his first four-year term on the bench, and Honorary Grand Marshal Urszula Gacek, who was named consul general of Poland in 2014.
The parade, which begins at 1:30 p.m., will make its way west on Walden Avenue from the Thruway Plaza, then north on Harlem Road to Cheektowaga Town Park, where the town’s 37th annual Polish American Festival continues until 8 p.m. Sunday
• Garden Gate Health Care Facility, 2365 Union Road, is holding its annual Garden Walk from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday. Residents, employees and volunteers have prepared gardens, pots and raised flower beds for the event, which also features hanging basket giveaways, a Bellevue Fire Department truck on display, handmade items and musical entertainment.
• The Town Board meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Irma Czubaj Board Room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave.
• A meeting of the town’s Traffic Safety Commission begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• Disco Duck performs at 7 p.m. Thursday in Griffith Park, 55 Gates St., Sloan. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on.