• 3-F Club, 904 Swan Road, Lewiston, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 791-3809.
• Siberian Husky Club of the Niagara Frontier, Nike Base, Grand Island, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Visit shcnf.com.
• Federated Sportsmen’s Clubs of Cattaraugus County, Little Valley Fairgrounds, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 483-3002.
• Dorie Miller Rifle Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., 5:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 771-0138 or visit maxi7.com.
• Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Jamestown Audubon, 1600 Riverside Road, Kiantone, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 640-2776.
• Erie County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Inc., Niagara River Station, Grand Island, 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Call 440-6995.
• Niagara Frontier 3-D League Shoot, 3-F Club, 904 Swan Road, Lewiston, signups, 3-6 p.m., Tuesday. Call Jim Hoffmann at 799-9719.
• 1st U.S. Artillery Live Ammo Target Competition with Civil War Era Weapons and Uniforms, Franklinville Conservation Club, Bakerstand Road, Friday-July 26. Visit n-ssa.org.
• Western New York Practical Pistol League Outdoor Match, Tonawandas Sportsmen Club, 5657 Killian Road, Pendleton, 9 a.m. July 26. For details, visit wnyppl.net.
• Evans Rod & Gun Club 15-Target 3-D Shoot, Cain Road, Angola, shoots 4 p.m.-dusk, Aug. 5 to Sept. 30. Food and beverages served. Call 549-7251.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class”, VFW Post No. 1419, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. Call 903-2558 or visit email@example.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Classes,” 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: “New York State Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County SCOPE, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., July 28. To register, call 693-4000 or visit niagaragunrange.com. For all classes, call 778-943 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Maryvale Community Education “Personal Water Craft Boating Safety Course,” 1050 Maryvale Drive, Cheektowaga, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. Call 635-4666.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show, Gun & Military Expo, 11177 Main St., Clarence, Aug. 1-2. For exhibitor details, visit nfgshows.com.
• Fourth Annual Clays for Heroes Fundraising Shoot, Rochester Brooks International Skeet & Trap Club, Rush, Aug. 1. For details, check with Ashley Butcher at 698-5892.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Event: “Pond Exploration with Naturalist Mark Carra,” 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday. Most events require registration. Call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Sky’s the Limit (all ages),” noon-4 p.m., Friday. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve , 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Learn about Letchworth Series – Mr. Letchworth’s Lands, How the Glen Iris Estate Came to Be,” 7 p.m., Tuesday. For registration and other programs, call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Full Moon,” Beaver Island State Park, 8-10 p.m., July 31. For details and to register, call 282-5154.
• Becoming and Outdoors-Woman “Kayaking with Seabirds” intermediate class, Gallagher Beach, Outer Harbor, Buffalo, 6-8 p.m., Wednesday, For details, call 392-2708; email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit seabirds.com.
• Foothills Trail Club Event: “Amherst Canalway Trail Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 882-3488.
• Buffalo Orienteering Club Guided Hike, Chestnut Ridge Park Casino, 6-7:30 p.m., Thursday. Open to all fit to hike; a $7 fee covers a detailed park map. For more information, call 479-9431 or visit buffalo-orienteering.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Event: “Penn Dixie Science Adventure Day Camp,” for girls and boys ages 8-12, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday. Call 626-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles Event: “Introduction to Kayaking Class,” Ellicott Creek, 9 a.m.-noon, July 26. Call 213-0350 or visit pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Oakmoss Education Summer 2015 Nature Program: Knox Farm State Park, 9-11:30 a.m., Saturday. For details, visit oakmossed.com/programreg.php.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Program: “Genesee Valley Greenway Historic Hike – Mount Morris to Genesee River,” 10 a.m., Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.