SILVER CREEK – Members of the Silver Creek Central School Board are expected to meet Wednesday in executive session with David P. O’Rourke, superintendent of Erie 2 Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Board of Cooperative Educational Services, about the search for a new superintendent.
The district has hired O’Rourke and the BOCES staff to assist in the search.
During a reorganization session last week, the board re-elected Matthew P. Bogosian as president and Gregory B. Cole as vice president.
In other business, the board:
• Accepted the resignation of longtime science teacher Michael S. Janisch, who is retiring.
• Appointed Victoria Roland as probationary school psychologist.
• Appointed Christina Gervase, Gwendolyn Gingrich, Mary Lang and Melissa Vuich to probationary positions in elementary education.
• Approved the creation of two new elementary teaching positions.
• Appointed Kristin Corsaro to a probationary position in special education and Carolyn Laurenzi to a probationary position in English language arts.
• Approved a roster of sports head coaches and coaching staff members, as well as shared athletic agreements with Forestville Central, Fredonia Central and City of Dunkirk schools.