The 37th annual Polish American Festival kicks off Thursday in Town Park with a 7 p.m. performance by the Cheektowaga Community Symphony Orchestra.
Live music will be featured daily, through Sunday, at the park’s outdoor cultural center. Food will be available Friday through Sunday.
Town Justice Paul Piotrowski will be joined Urszula Gacek, consul general of Poland, and actress Loretta Swit, the daughter of Polish immigrant parents who rose to fame in her role as Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan on the television series M*A*S*H, which ran from 1972 to 1983.
• Cheektowaga Family Days continue Sunday in Town Park, with live music and other activities scheduled from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Council Office Conference Room on the second floor at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Sloan Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 425 Reiman St.
• A meeting of the town’s Zoning Board of Appeals begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
• The Cleveland Hill School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room, 105 Mapleview Road.
• George Urban Boulevard, between Petan and Wheaton drives, will remain closed until about Wednesday. Sewer and road projects are under way.