The Town of Hamburg Department of Youth, Recreation and Senior Services is joining the National Recreation and Park Association in marking the month of July as National Park and Recreation month to highlight the value of parks and recreation for local communities.
“The Town of Hamburg has been committed to operating quality parks and recreation facilities and the delivery of a diverse menu of programs for almost 60 years,” said Martin C. Denecke, director of the Department of Youth, Recreation and Senior Services. “Although our offerings peak in July, services can be accessed year round.”
The assets of Hamburg Town Park and Beach on Lakeshore Road will be showcased in the town’s annual Dash-n-Splash Family Fun Run and Blast on the Beach from 9 a.m. until dark July 25, when the event will conclude with fireworks. The fun run is dedicated this year to the memory of the late Mary T. Blakeslee, a longtime Hamburg Youth Board member.
• The Hamburg Village Board holds a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Central School Board conducts its reorganization meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Administration Building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The Hamburg Village Environmental Conservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Shops at Lake Avenue, which is the former Hills Plaza at 4271 Lake Ave.
• Blasdell’s concert series at JFK Playground, Allen and Grafton avenues, continues with Rumourz, a Fleetwood Mac tribute band, at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Crash Cadillac performs at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park at Lake and Union streets for Hamburg’s summer concert in the park series. The rain site will be Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.
• The Hamburg Garden Walk takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
• Falcon Alumni Baseball Camp runs from July 13 to 16 at the Lake Shore Little League fields on Rogers Road. The camp is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The camp is for 8 year olds and up. Registration is $80 and includes a T-shirt and instruction. For more information, contact Mike Morlock, Frontier Varsity head coach, at 826-7576.