An “Evening In The Park” will be held in Wales from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Wales Town Park in Wales Center.
Located on Route 20A, the park will host the event, which includes food trucks and music by “Blue Mule” band.
In addition, the Erie County Sheriff’s Department’s “Mounted Division” will be on hand.
The event is free to the public and is organized by the Kiwanis Club of Wales. Bring lawn chairs. A baseball game will also be featured.
In school-related news, Charles Specht was re-elected president of the Iroquois School Board’s annual reorganization meeting last week.
The board also voted to re-appoint David Lowrey as vice president.
Specht was joined by new board member Jane Sullivan during the swearing-in ceremony for their respecitve positions.
Sullivan was elected to the board in May after successfully running a write-in campaign for an empty seat in which there were no official candidates.
The board is not expected to reconvene until Aug. 26.
• The Marilla Town Board meets in a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room at Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• The Marilla Free Library on Wednesday presents “Read Like a Hero” with Mike Randall and Friends at 1 p.m. The popular event features magic, unforgettable characters and more. Registration is required. Call the library, 716-652-7449 for information. The library is located at 11637 Bullis Road.
• A meeting of the Marilla Conservation Advisory Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• The Marilla Concert Series continues Thursday at noon near the pavilion on Bullis Road near Two Rod Road with a Kids Day magic show performed by Ted B. Free ice cream will be served • The Marilla Town Board’s monthly meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room at Town Hall.
• The Red Cross conducts a blood drive from 7:30 - 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Marilla Community Center, 1810 Two Rod Road.