A 23-year-old convicted rapist from Springville, and a 66-year-old Silver Creek man who preyed on a sexually helpless woman in a separate and unrelated case, were separately ordered to serve state prison terms Monday by Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz in Little Valley.
Jesse M. Dickson, the Springville man in custody since his arrest by State police in April 2014 was ordered to serve five years in state prison and then undergo 10 years of post-release supervision for his conviction on first-degree rape, first-degree sexual abuse, second-degree assault, second-degree strangulation and four misdemeanor charges for a number of forcible sexual attacks on a Town of Yorkshire woman between Aug. 28, 2013 and March 30, 2014.
Michael P. Nelson, the Silver Creek man, was ordered to serve a two-year state prison term and submit to three years of post-release supervision on his March 16 guilty plea to first-degree attempted sexual abuse for an incident involving a woman physically helpless and incapable of consent in the Town of Persia late last August.
Cattaraugus County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Judge Ploetz also handled the following cases on Monday:
• James M. McClary, 41, of Olean, was sentenced to one and one-half to three years in state prison on his felony conviction for second-degree assault for a violent fight in the City of Olean last Aug. 3.
• David D. Wallace, 43, of Friendship, was ordered to spend two months of weekends in the Cattaraugus County Jail and five years on probation on his felony driving while intoxicated conviction for a Town of Portville incident last Sept. 27 when he registered a 0.15 percent blood alcohol level, nearly twice the state’s legal limit. McClary’s driver’s license was revoked for a full year after he completes his jail term and he was ordered to use an interlock ignition device in any vehicle he uses for 36 months after he regains his driver’s license.
• Daniel A. Price, 30, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with two counts each of criminal possession and sale of a controlled substance for drug sales in the City of Olean between last Jan. 2 and Jan. 8. Price is currently an inmate at the state’s Groveland Correctional Facility serving a parole violation term until next May for a 2012 Cattaraugus County drug conviction.
• Charles J. Covert, 49, of Allegany, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second-degree burglary, fourth-degree grand larceny and petit larceny for a Town of Allegany house burglary April 16.
• Anthony P. Vavrecan, 29, of Ischua, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of tampering with physical evidence for hiding evidence slated for use in a City of Olean criminal case on April 17, 2014. He faces sentencing Aug. 31.
• Bryan S. Parks, 32, of Portville, pleaded guilty to a felony driving while intoxicated charge for an incident in the Town of Portville last July 20. He faces sentencing July 18.
• Clarence Clark, 43, of Delevan, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty as charged to misdemeanor failure to register to the State Sex Offender Registry within the legally required ten days after he moved in April. He faces sentencing Aug. 31.