The town Planning Board is holding a public hearing at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave., on the request for site plan approval of Cedar Valley Apartments, a 144-unit apartment project on 14.34 acres of vacant land located on the north side of Pleasant Avenue, west of the Thruway.
The board also is to discuss a request to rezone 9.5 acres of vacant land at 4819 Southwestern Blvd. from commercial to residential for the construction of 130 apartments. At the board’s work session at 6:30 p.m., it also plans to discuss a proposal to construct a sports complex at 5160 Camp Road, the former Caulkins junk yard.
• Housing Opportunities Made Equal, HOME, will hold open office hours at 6122 South Park Ave. from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. A counselor will be available to provide information and educational materials concerning fair housing and landlord-tenant law. HOME’s services are free and confidential.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Shops at Lake Avenue, which is the former Hills Plaza at 4271 Lake Ave.
• Blasdell’s concert series at JFK Playground, Allen and Grafton avenues, continues with Nick Battistella and Italian Night at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• The Hamburg Village Band performs at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park at Lake and Union streets for Hamburg’s summer concert in the park series. The rain site will be Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market runs from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• Fireworks celebrating Independence Day at Woodlawn Beach State Park will take place Friday evening. Admission will be charged.