For a city hardened by winters and missed postseasons, you'd think we'd take a little better care of our valued electronic belongings.
Not so, says Gazelle, an e-commerce company that buys, fixes and resells used or damaged smartphones.
Of the smartphones sent from Buffalo to Gazelle, 23 percent of the electronic devices have cracked screens or have suffered significant damage, placing the Queen City ninth among "college towns." (It seems a little callous to call Buffalo that, we'd say.)
Here's Gazelle's list of Klutziest Cities, from this link:
Here are a few possible reasons, brainstormed quickly:
1) Slipping on ice
2) Slippery wing sauce on the hands
3) Texting too aggressively
4) Paying too much attention to the angle of our selfies
5) Black market selfie sticks not crafted for harsh winters
6) Alcohol. Buffalo likes it (to the tune of No. 22 in the country).
7) Recreating Gronk Smashes in parking lots
Email Ben Tsujimoto, who's never shattered his cell phone screen, at firstname.lastname@example.org