The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons behind eight bank robberies in Buffalo and Rochester.
The agency also released several bank security photos of the suspect or suspects and indicated that, because of similarities in the robberies, law enforcement cannot eliminate the possibility that a group of individuals are committing the stick-ups.
The reward, announced by Brian P. Boetig, special agent in charge of the FBI in Buffalo, is designed to generate tips from the public.
“We remind the public that the individuals should be considered armed and dangerous,” the FBI said in its announcement of the reward.
The list of robberies:
• April 24, First Niagara Bank, 1989 Clinton St.
• April 29, First Niagara Bank, 1726 Hertel Ave.
• May 13, First Niagara Bank, 1510 South Park Ave.
• May 13, First Niagara Bank, 690 Kenmore Ave.
• May 29, M&T Bank, 1385 Lyell Ave., Rochester.
• June 5, First Niagara Bank, 1248 Abbott Road, Lackawanna.
• June 17, First Niagara Bank, 690 Kenmore Ave.
• June 22, First Niagara Bank, 529 Elmwood Ave.
Anyone who has information about the robberies should contact the FBI at 856-7800 or Buffalo@ic.fbi.gov.
To see the surveillance photos, go to buffalonews.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org