Town of Tonawanda
Dogs and their humans are welcome today from noon to 4 p.m. at Mang Park for the fifth annual Northtown Subaru Dog Days of Kenmore.
This year’s theme is “Man’s Best Friend” in honor of Father’s Day.
Contests for best trick, best dog-human look-alike and best costume will be held at 2 p.m. The event, sponsored by Kenmore Village Improvement Society, will also feature dozens of vendors and exhibitors, as well as live music from Creek Bend, a basket raffle and food trucks. Demonstrations will feature local K9 officer and agility exhibitions.
For the full schedule, go to dogdayswny.com or facebook.com/DogDaysWNY.
• The Tonawanda Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at the municipal building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A work session begins at 4 in the second-floor conference room.
• A Kenmore Planning Board meeting begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Room 15 at the Municipal Building.
• The annual Kenmore Days festival kicks off Wednesday at 7 p.m. with music from The Boys of Summer on the municipal green. Events continue through Saturday at the green and Community Center in Mang Park and include a ride carnival, live music and a beer tent. The festival wraps up Saturday at 10 p.m. with a fireworks show. Visit villageofkenmore.org for the full schedule.
• The Kenmore Village Improvement Society is accepting entries until June 30 for its Kenmore Garden Makeover. One applicant will be chosen for a free front garden improvement. Visit villageofkenmore.com for more information and to fill out the form.
• Town and village residents who served in the military during the Vietnam War will be honored July 2 during a ceremony at Kenney Field. Veterans are encouraged to pick up a registration form available at all Youth, Parks and Recreation Department locations. The ceremony will be followed by a band concert and fireworks display.
• Free training in the field of medical secretary is available to qualified individuals through Ken-Ton Continuing Education. The program includes classroom instruction with on-the-job training at Kenmore Mercy and DeGraff Memorial hospitals. Call 874-8411, ext. 35316 for more information.