The ribbon will be cut Monday at the new location of Unyts Southgate Neighborhood Blood Donation Center. Now at 984 Union Road, the center is just down the block from its previous site.
Blood donations will be accepted during the grand opening celebration.
Hours will remain the same: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday; and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• A performance by Dean Bell Band kicks off the West Seneca Lions Club summer concert series on Monday. Concerts begin at 7 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, through July 30, at the bandshell behind Town Hall. In case of rain, concerts are moved to the town’s senior center, 4620 Seneca St.
• The town’s Ethics Committee meets at 5:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
• The Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers.
• A special meeting of the West Seneca School Board begins at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the board room at West Elementary School, 1397 Orchard Park Road.
• Main Street Marketplace is open from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday on the grassy hill at Union Road and Main Street, adjacent to Town Hall. Local entertainment will be featured from 5:30 to 7 p.m., weather permitting. In case of wet weather, vendors move to the parking lot at the nearby ice rink.• Kokomo Band performs a 7 p.m. Thursday in the bandshell behind Town Hall,
• A free screening of “Duck Soup,” featuring the Marx brothers, begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in the classroom at Burchfield Nature & Art Center, 2001 Union Road.
• A Teen Night will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday in Kiwanis Youth Center, 50 Legion Parkway. The event, open to boys and girls age 11 and older, will feature air hockey, ping pong, foosball and Wii sports, among other things. Admission is $1 and tickets will be sold at the door. For more information, call 674-6086.